Stay Healthy During The Holidays
As the holiday season quickly approaches many people get overwhelmed with everything that (seems to) need done to enjoy this festive time of year.
Our healthy diet can fly out the window in favour of all the yummy treats that get placed in front of us. And who can resist? The hustle and bustle of the season can wear down our immune system and stress can set in. By neglecting our health we can become run down and even get sick. Who wants that for the holidays?
Here are a few tips to help you cope with the festivities and the seasonal stress this time of year can bring about.
– Make sure you are getting adequate sleep. This is important because we are more prone to illness when we’re tired. Even if your routine is interrupted by travel, guests, or a hectic schedule, strive for a good nights sleep.
– Try to not take on too much. We’re not superheroes and even Batman knows how to delegate things. If you take on too much you’ll stress yourself out and that opens the door to illness.
– Skip the mall and go for a walk in nature. Take deep breaths and enjoy the beauty of what Mother Nature has to offer. Truly exhilarating!
– Instead of buying gifts people really don’t want or use anyways, opt for gifts that actually benefit others. Rather than sending the regular Christmas gifts to our family last year, we purchased birth certificates in their name for children who do not have a one. A birth certificate is something we take for granted in our country but for many people around the world this piece of paper provides access to essential, basic human rights. For more information about the Gifts of Hope program visit this link: https://plancanada.ca/GiftsofHope/shopexd.asp?id=36
It’s an awesome program with many beneficial ways to help others. And just so you know, our family was absolutely thrilled with their gift.
– Only go to the parties you really want to attend and forego the others. Being somewhere you don’t want to be only adds extra stress. Stay home and enjoy a good holiday movie instead.
– Don’t overindulge. Drinking and eating too much can tax your system and make you feel drained, fatigued, and downright terrible. Moderation is the key.
– Keep up your exercise program. Even if you don’t have a regular exercise program, go for a walk. Walk around town and enjoy the beautiful lights. Many community centers have indoor walking tracks. They are a safe and comfortable place to walk.
– Make time for yourself. Enjoy a good book, a relaxing bath, or a day at the spa. Taking time for yourself will refresh and revitalize you.
– Eat healthy and nutritious foods. Opt for fresh vegetables, fruit, and plenty of green salads. Try to avoid excess fast food, junk food, and sugary treats. These can wear down your immune system. Have an extra helping of vegetables (cooked or fresh) at dinner and cut back on the meats and extra trimmings.
– Take AIM BarleyLife® for its alkalinizing support and to help your body detoxify. BarleyLife is full of nutrients your body needs to maintain good health – vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
– Other AIM products that help support whole body health and provide additional support during the holidays are:
– CoCoa LeafGreens helps boost your immune system and promotes good health.
– FloraFood contains healthy bacteria that protect your digestive and immune systems.
– Proancynol 2000 is a rich source of antioxidants to protect your body from the unhealthy effect of free radicals.
– Composure offers a natural way to ease your nerves, keep you calm, and eliminate sleepless nights.
– Herbal Fiberbend is a powerful colon cleanser that help’s sweep your system clean of toxins.
– fit ’n fiber (apple-cinnamon) is an everyday fiber for safe, effective, consistent results. Helps to keep you regular, curb your appetite, and maintain your ideal weight.
Although the holiday season can be a hectic time of year, taking steps to eliminate both mental and physical stress will help make the season pleasant and fun. Take care of yourself and stay healthy during the holidays!
“May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!”
For more information about these AIM products, please visit our AIM Store Website where you can read more, download datasheets, watch videos, and make a purchase. As with any nutritional supplement it is always recommended to read the literature thoroughly to find out if the product is right for you, and consult your health care practitioner if you have any medical conditions or concerns.